So Nomes at inkcrush has come up with a cool new set of posts. Faves of 2011. So if you’d like to see what it’s all about, please go by Nomes place and take a look, and join in the fun. Below is the explanation from her site along with the rules for the post.
According to Nomes:
and i am SUCH a huge fan of lists so i have created a kind of book blogger sharing-the-awesome book awards to celebrate all the cool stuff i’ve read so far this year. (which is just a fun-funky style book awards/survey thingy). i will be running it over three posts* staggered throughout the last week of june. (day one beginning this friday)
you can nominate more than one book/character for each answer and re-feature the same book in different categories. (or make your own rules about it. whatever works.)
1. best first chapter
Midnight by Beverly Jenkins. This books opens with Lady Midnight passing on some information, and the next thing you know a prominent member of the race is dead. And Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin ends with her sleeping with her best friend’s fiance..and you’re left thinking…well damn.
2. best climax
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Better Read Than Dead by Victoria Laurie. Such a blowout ending, and I loved how everything tied up. Also…Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Although it was a bit sad, I was still happy with the ending.
4. best plot twist/revelation (no spoilers!)
The Mistress’s Revenge by Tamar Cohen. It definitely doesn’t end the way I thought it would.
5. scariest/most disturbing scene
Any scene with Stephanie Plum and that crazy ass boxer that was stalking her.
6. steamiest scene (or sweetest/sexiest kiss award)
When Lucy and Sean finally consumate their relationship in Deeply Desperately by Heather Webber. And the agonizing build up made it all the more special.
7. best swoon-worthy moment
Hell almost any moment with Zachary Smith and Mary de Piaget from Till There Was You by Lynn Kurland, and The scene where Mike swings from a rope and grabs Sara up before she enters a door and gets killed by a trap in Scarlet Nights by Jude Deveraux.
8. biggest nail-biting moment
Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
– When Harry jumps into the ice cold lake
– When Harry and Hermoine get cornerned by Nagini in Godric’s Hollow
– The Gringotts scene
– The scene where they infiltrate the ministry for the horcrux
– When they get stuck in the Malfoy’s dungeon
– The whole Hogwarts ending
Better Read Than Dead by Victoria Laurie
– When Abby gets trapped in the attic of her house after it been set on fire.
– The showdown when Abby gets fed up
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
– The Fight with Sookie and Rene
9. most hilarious scene
One For The Money by Janet Evanovich
– Grandma Mazur when he blows the ass off of a chicken with Stephanie’s gun
– Grandma Mazure dressed in ger blue biking shorts and rolled up pantyhose (the visual had me in stitches)
Phone Kitten by Marika Christian
– When Emily and her best friend Dennis attempt to do a trial run of her first phone sex call. Those two had me laughing so hard.
Alexis in High Stakes by Erin McCarthy. When her little fiesty self was ready to kick some vampire ass. Though she had no idea she was dealing with a vampire.
10. most heart-breaking/tear-jerker moment
Deathly Hallows again. We lost some people I had so much love for. And the end of the DH1 the movie, was the end of me. Especially when they dug the grave and engraved the headstone. Lord I’m tearing up just thinking about it.
1. fave first sentence
I’m invisible, even though I’m as big as a car. From Phone Kitten by Marika Christian
2. fave book title
Scarlet Nights by Jude Deveraux and Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. I think its clever especially considering the actual story.
3. fave reading experience (ie: created a great reading memory)
Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I still think about this series. I still wonder about the characters, get sad at the losses, and can’t wait til the day I can pick them up again and have the adventure all over again.
4. book with the best food in it (made me so crazy-envious-hungry)
One For the Money by Janet Evanovich. I’m dying for a Pino’s Pizza. It’s been so long since I’ve had a good NY style pizza.
5. book with the most sensual weather (made you shiver/sweat)
The Scent of Jasmine by Jude Deveraux. The characters ended up in the Florida wilds, and almost anywhere in Florida is nice, hot, and tropical. My kinda weather.
6. most embarrassing book cover (feeling sheepish in public)
If You Were My Man by Francis Ray. A little steamy to be carrying around.
7. can’t believe you waited this long to read the book (!)
LOL, Harry Potter series again. I resisted for YEARS, and finally gave in to them early this year. Glad I finally jut read them cause now I can’t stop loving them.
Filed in: Meme Tags: Books, Meme