So Nomes at inkcrush has come up with a cool new set of posts. Faves of 2011. I went by Missie’s place and then to Nomes and decided I wanted to join in for the next two days. So if you’d like to see what it’s all about, please go by Nomes place and take a look, and join in the fun. Now on with day two festivities!
Rules: You can only list books, and you can only list books and characters that you have read in the year 2011.
1. Best female POV:
Stephanie Plum, from One For the Money by Janet Evanovich. This book was gripping from start to finish, and choc full of hilarity, and scenes to make your adrenaline run rampant.
2. Best male POV: Any of the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling. I read them all the beginning of this year. Couldn’t get enough of this world.
4. Who I so want to be best friends with:
Hands down Harry, Ron, and Hermoine from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Love these three kids. And you can throw in Dobby, Hagrid, and the Weaseley twins too.
5. Who I fell completely in love with (new literary crush): A few, Dutch Rivers from The Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye series by Victoria Laurie, Sean Donahue from The Lucy Valentine Series by Heather Webber, Joe Morelli from The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, and Alexander McDowell from Scent of Jasmine by Jude Deveraux.
6. Worst (best) villian: Would have to be Profesor Snape from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. This character was brilliantly crafted and I loved to hate him. Rowling did a GREAT job with the Snape character.
7. Best character twist (who you loved then hated or vice versa): Harry from the delCameron Series by Suzanne Arruda. He totally portrayed himself in one way while he had some underlying things going on in the end. Totally pulled a switcheroo.
8. Best kick-arse female:
Definitely would have to be Abby Cooper from the Psychic Eye series by Victoria Laurie. Abby didn’t take no shit, but she was still very human and vulnerable. Loved that about her.
9. Best kick-arse male: Mike Newland from Scarlet Nights by Jude Deveraux and Harry Potter from the HP series by J.K. Rowling, who kicks some mean Dark Wizard ass!
10. Broke your heart the most: Dobby and Fred Weasely from The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I do believe I shed a tear, and that’s all I’m saying.
11. Best/worst character names: Best I’ll have to go with Jade del Cameron from the del Cameron series by Suzanne Arruda. Yeah I’m a little vain about my name. I LOVE it and am beyond ecstatic my mother named me that. So any kickass character touting my name definitely deserves a mention. Worst name would have to be Butch from the Lucy Valentine series by Heather Webber. Was never fond of that name.
BONUS: 5 fave covers (from books i have read)
Filed in: Awards, Fiction