The Black History Month Blog Hop is hosted by Alysia of Mocha Girls Read and Alexis of Reflections of a Bookaholic! It’s purpose is to give black authors, books, and those who support them a month in the spotlight. This hop is open to any blogger who wants to participate at any time of the month so please go to either blog to sign up and join in.
This weeks topic is:
The business of Black books. This week focuses on business related topics pertaining to black authors.
I was unable to interview anyone specifically on this topic but I had an idea. I have connected with a few AA authors over the years through the blogospehere, and others I’ve just discovered their personal or business websites. What I’ve noticed about these authors is that they are more than willing to share information about getting published, marketing your books, how to write and outline, getting agents and query letters, etc. So below is a list of links to these websites and articles for anyone looking for the information. Enjoy!
- 10 Unique Ways to Market Your Book by Lena Sledge
- 10 Reasons Why Your Book May Not Get Published by Lena Sledge
- Commonly Asked Questions from Aspiring Writers by Shelia Goss
- Misconceptions About Self-Publishing by Stefanie Newall
- I Want A Book Agent by Stefanie Newall
- Book Publicity, an Author’s Secret Weapon by Stefanie Newall
Also check out The Write One Blog, where the author has a wealth of information for aspiring writers from everything to publishing to marketing.
Filed in: Uncategorized Tags: Blog Hop