Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new top ten list to be answered. If you’d like to join in go and visit their website! If you’d like to answer and don’t have a blog, please feel free to leave your answers in my comments section! This week’s list is:
Top Ten Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open (because of the cliffhanger or because it the ending was MINDBLOWING, etc.:
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling – What list is complete without a HP book? What a wonderful and satisfying conclusion to one of the most amazing and mesmerizing series I’ve ever read. And even though we lost some characters whom I LOVED, I was still very satisfied and happy with the ending.
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins – What a way to end the book. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one having a “wayment, wth just happened moment”. I had to go back and make sure I was reading it right. LOL. But I loved the cliffhanger, loved the ending of this book because though it left us with so many unanswered questions, it also left me with some hope for the characters.
3. Dutch by Teri Woods – Talk about a spectacular ending that leads to the juiciest cliffhanger ever! I almost couldn’t believe what I was reading in the last scenes and damn if I wasn’t pumping my fist in the air in triumph. It’s so cool when an author can make me root for someone who for all intents and purposes is “the bad guy”.
4. The Mistress’s Revenge by Tamar Cohen – The ending of this one was so surprising. Because of the way it’s written you are led to believe one thing, and it ends up completely different than how it reads considering the circumstances.
5. B-More Careful by Shannon Holmes – Although I can hardly remember the events in this book, I do remember loving this title when I was into the street lit phase of my life. Despite that, I do remember the ending taking me by complete surprise and having a great sense of satisfaction when I finished reading this.
6. Leslie by Omar Tyree – This books was CRAZY! Voodoo, priestesses, I cannot even begin to describe the foolishness in this book. But it was an awesome read with an awesome ending!
7. Addicted by Zane – Another crazy read from beginning to end.
8. Flowers in the Attic and damn near anything by V.C. Andrews – She wrote some of the most dark and twisted books I’ve ever read in my life. The sordidness of these books never ceased to amaze me and draw me in. And you could be sure to be left with a great ending or cliffhanger.
9. The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah – This book was, is, and will always be a masterpiece in my opinion. Everything about it was perfect. Nope, it didn’t tie up in a pretty bow. The ending was realistic with consequences for all the ratchetness Winter did.
10. Flyy Girl by Omar Tyree – Loved this book from start to finish. I never understood why the author felt the need to extend Tracy’s story because I think it was perfect as is. It ended with her growing up and maturing and learning a lot about herself. Which was perfect to me.
Filed in: Meme, Top Ten Tuesday Tags: Meme, Top Ten Tuesday